Saturday, 20 August 2011

30 minutes sewing and a whole new look!

Updated coat. 
I have finished one of my Make Do and Mend tasks: I have updated my winter coat. Whilst it still kept me perfectly warm and it still fitted me in a flattering way, it was looking a little bit dated. It would have been oh-so-easy to discard the item that I had snuggled into in last years snow and headed back to the high street for another disposable coat, but it was even easier to update it. 

It cost me a pocket friendly £1.98. 

I simply bought two packs of ten golden buttons off Ebay and got my little sewing kit out. Furthermore, it didn't take much time, approximately 30 minutes to sew 13 buttons which leaves me 7 spare for other sewing antics. 

What is more, it was actually thoroughly enjoyable fixing up my coat. It is peaceful to sit quietly sewing and exciting to see the end result: it is very satisfying to see an old coat updated to look fabulous (if I do say so myself!).

Old buttons
New Buttons

Close up of finished buttons
Coat in original state

No comments:

Post a Comment